What can you provide?
- You will help introduce students from many cultures into the Canadian school life and enhance our educational system
- You will contribute to the cultural education of youth
- You have the opportunity to provide support and guidance to students and families
- You will help families, students and communities broaden their cultural awareness while they develop lifelong international friendships
- By helping promote multiculturalism, you will help us move closer to a peaceful world
- You will have the opportunity to share your personal stories about exchange to new students
- You will meet interesting people and enhance your relationships with friends, neighbors, co-workers and associates as you enable them to experience hosting or an exchange program
What can you gain?
- You will build confidence while experiencing the value of intercultural communication
- You will develop and practice your communication, public speaking, counseling, teamwork and leadership skills, and gain valuable work experience
- You will get to know teenagers who are adventurous, eager to learn, want to make a difference and are thinking about the future
- You will have the opportunity to interact with experienced YFU volunteers from a variety of professional backgrounds
- You will have the chance to try new things
- If you would like to gain international professional experience, you may be offered an opportunity to participate in an international internship
- Your understanding of family dynamics will increase by working with students and hosts